Youth Ventures is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
EMPLOYMENT: Full Time, Contractual
LOCATION: Multiple positions at various locations throughout the province
START DATE: Immediately.
Youth Ventures began in 1992 on the Northern Peninsula with 2 participants. Since then, the program has grown and now employs 25 Regional Coordinators across Newfoundland and Labrador. Designed for students 12-29, Youth Ventures empowers young people to turn their skills and hobbies into profitable businesses.
Youth Ventures Program Coordinators help participants identify an idea, create a business plan, do market research and point them in the direction of financing (if needed). Each of the 25 Regional Coordinators are employed by a delivery site for 16 weeks. Coordinators counsel entrepreneurs, give presentations to schools, and community organizations, organize events and manage the Youth Ventures programs for their region. It’s an all-encompassing type of job that is challenging but very rewarding. If you want to truly make a positive difference in your community and help youth succeed, then this is the job for you!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Promote entrepreneurial awareness in the region.
- Drive positive dialogue on the importance of supporting local small businesses.
- Develop and present workshops, webinars, events and activities.
- Provide 1:1 entrepreneurial counseling to young entrepreneurs.
- Monitor the progress of youth activity, engagement and businesses.
- Provide coaching, encouragement and guidance to program participants.
- Engage with local community groups, youth-serving organizations, business mentors and various stakeholders.
- Assist with lending applications where necessary.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Attend meetings, events and perform other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in business, or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of small business and business plan development, event organization, marketing and social media promotion.
- Confidence facilitating presentations, training sessions and community outreach sessions.
- Exceptional leadership skills and experience working and/or volunteering with youth.
- Superior verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Outstanding documentation and record keeping.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, video conferencing tools, Google applications and social media
- Proven ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Candidates must be residents of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation as travel throughout the region is required.
TO APPLY: Please email a copy of your resume to the contact listed below the Youth Ventures site you wish to apply to. Resumes will be accepted until May 13, 2022.
DELIVERY SITES ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS INCLUDE:
CBDC Labrador – Happy Valley-Goose Bay
CBDC Humber – Corner Brook
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Youth Ventures Provincial Coordinator at email@example.com.