Youth Ventures is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
EMPLOYMENT: Full time, up to sixteen (16) weeks of employment
LOCATION: Multiple locations throughout the province
START DATE: May 8, 2023, pending funding approval.
Youth Ventures began in 1992 on the Northern Peninsula with 2 participants. Since then, the program has grown and now employs 25 Regional Coordinators across Newfoundland and Labrador. Designed for students 12-29, Youth Ventures empowers young people to turn their skills and hobbies into profitable businesses.
Youth Ventures Program Coordinators help participants identify an idea, create a business plan, do market research and point them in the direction of financing if needed. Each of the 25 Regional Coordinators are employed by a delivery site for up 16 weeks. Coordinators counsel entrepreneurs, give presentations to students and community organizations, organize events and manage the Youth Ventures program for their region. If you want to learn more about the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Newfoundland and Labrador, make a positive difference in your community and help youth succeed, then this is the job for you!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Promote entrepreneurial awareness in the region.
- Drive positive dialogue on the importance of supporting local small businesses.
- Develop and present workshops, webinars, events and activities.
- Provide 1:1 entrepreneurial counseling to young entrepreneurs.
- Monitor the progress of youth activity, engagement and businesses.
- Provide coaching, encouragement and guidance to program participants.
- Engage with local community groups, youth-serving organizations, business mentors and various stakeholders.
- Assist with lending applications where necessary.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Attend meetings and events.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in business, or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of small business and business plan development, event organization, marketing and social media promotion.
- Confidence facilitating presentations, training sessions and community outreach sessions.
- Exceptional leadership skills and experience working and/or volunteering with youth.
- Superior verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Outstanding documentation and record keeping.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, video conferencing tools, Google applications and social media.
- Proven ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation as travel throughout the region may be required.
TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter and resume to the Youth Ventures site you wish to apply to.
DELIVERY SITES THAT ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS INCLUDE:
CBDC Burin Peninsula
firstname.lastname@example.org by April 24, 2023
email@example.com by April 21, 2023
firstname.lastname@example.org by April 21, 2023
email@example.com April 21, 2023
firstname.lastname@example.org by April 21, 2023
email@example.com by April 27, 2023
firstname.lastname@example.org by April 21, 2023
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.